Vision is central to making positive and lasting impact in the world. Until you exercise the abilities to discern God’s vision for your lives and then make wholehearted commitments to such vision, you will continue to struggle, stalked and stagnant. Until our lives are vision and destiny driven, our growth and progress will be put in abeyance. Success in any area of your life is only possible when you are pursuing a God-given vision. Lack of vision is one of the sore points of life.
WHAT IS VISION? Prov.28:19
- Foresight with insight based on hindsight
- Seeing the invisible and making it visible
- An information bridge from the present to the future
- The purpose of your existence
- A God given idea
- A clear-mental picture of a better future
[bctt tweet=”“God’s vision for your life is like a finger print: there is no other one exactly like it”” username=”joeolaiya”]
“God’s vision for your life is like a finger print: there is no other one exactly like it”
LIFE WITHOUT VISION IS LIKE:
* A purposeless, focus less, wandering personality
* A torchlight without batteries: whiling but powerless
* A wedding without a bride: missing the essential element
* A car without petrol: capable of forward movement, but lacking necessary fuel
* A cow loose in pasture: just grazing
Without vision, there is nothing to strive for, no goal to pursue, no dream to realize and
no success to attain. The whole process of leadership begins and ends with vision and goal setting in any area of life.
[bctt tweet=”The whole process of leadership begins and ends with vision and goal setting in any area of life” username=”joeolaiya”]
THE NEED FOR VISION – JOHN 3:25-31
- Your vision is your compass
- Your vision is your driving force
- You are kept by your propeller
- Achievement is possible by vision
- Your vision motivates you
- Vision keeps you focused
- Vision helps you plan
- Vision is needed for life evaluation and re-evaluation.
Everything we enjoy in life today are the results of vision. No man can achieve stupendous success without a clear-cut vision.
In scripture, everyone that God called was given a vision to accomplish.
MEN WHO LOST THEIR VISION
- When ALEXANDER THE GREAT had a vision, he conquered the then known
world. When he lost his vision, he could not conquer the liquor bottle.
- When NOAH had a vision, he could resist the flood. When Noah lost his
vision he could not resist the liquor bottle.
- When SAMSON had a vision, he won many battles. When Samson lost his
vision, he could not win the temptation over his lust for Delilah.
- When SAUL had a vision, he conquered the kingdom. When Saul lost his
vision, he could not conquer his own jealousy.
- When DAVID had a vision, he never lost a battle. When David lost his
vision, he could not defeat his own lust.
- When SOLOMON had a vision, he was the wisest man in the world. When
Solomon lost his vision, he could not control his own evil passions for strange
- When ELIJAH had a vision, he prayed down fire from heaven and killed all
the false prophets. When Elijah lost his vision, he ran from one woman,
Jezebel, because he was afraid.
- When PETER had a vision, he was ready to die for Christ. When Peter lost
his vision, he denied his Lord, thank God for restoring him.
- When DEMAS had a vision, he was a fervent and effective minister of the
gospel. When Demas lost his vision, he went back.
HOW TO LEAD YOUR LIFE?
- Focus on God and Prayerfully seek his face.
- Examine all your motives in life.
- Utilize all your resources faithfully.
- Remove all your non essentials.
- Embrace all your challenges, they are avenue to become better.
Is your life vision driven? I will love to hear from you!